Wednesday 22 September 2010

WOYWW 68

Well welcome back all those lovely people who pop by and visit me to see what I've been up to, last week was very dry so this week I've taken a number of photos of my workspace to show it does get messy, (well by my standards anyway, LOL).  For those that have no idea what I am on about, visit here, WOYWW HQ.  Where the lovely Julia explains all, and where the incredible Mr Linky is.  Last week I found it really worked having peoples Linky no, so I could visit them without having to go through blogland and getting diverted by loads of other things, so if you can  do the same again this week, I will be eternally grateful.  Though I have to confess, I forgot to add mine on a couple, sorry, will try and do better this week.

Right without further ado, the photographs
First picture is my desk on Monday,when I panicked over the jewellery cabinet I was gonna enter into Craft Stamper competition, as I though it ended 28th Sept  and still hadnt finished, so to work I went with stamps and paint and things, got it looking really good, until alas, I went, not one step too far, but perhaps three or four, b******s 

So have begun trying to rescue it, dont know if it will work or not, hence no actual photo of the shameful piece this week, am so annoyed with myself and then when I checked the competition information, it ends 22nd OCT, not sept, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, so had plenty of time, also discovered need to do two pieces for the entry, so have been playing around with different techniques, difficult cos you dont want to outright copy peoples work, but you may like the technique or finished result, so trying to amalgamate all the things I like on one piece, perhaps I should think about a Dogs Dinner, LOL.


Above piccies virtually the same, one last night and one this pm, what a difference the light makes, playing with Dyullisions lovely spray inks, some paper artsy stamps and a stencil from The Crafters workshop, middle image is actually the negative of the stencil but came out better that the positive (cut that to ATC size) and then decided to add white pen to create effect that Ive forgotten name off, you know the one I mean, on cowboy scarves etc.  Was thinking of this for a background for other work but just a slight bit too busy, had great fun and lovely inky fingers by the end of it, and shall see what I can create out of all these bits, need a couple of birthday cards in the next couple of weeks.


Anyway for those that are interested carpet is lush, didnt realise what a difference it would make, and the good news is they ran out of the underlay we ordered so supplied next one up, so have to step down to get into bedroom off lush carpet onto manky old hard as nails carpet, so guess what the next plan is, yup recarpet ours and eldests bedrooms, does it ever end......

H A P P Y     W O Y W W

21 comments:

Sue said...

Hi ya
aww i do hope you can rescue your cabinte, how annoying is that when its nearly done, luv the tags on your desk, fab colours, have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x(3)

Lizzybobs said...

loving your crafty space and your tags are brill thanks for sharing with us and hope you have a good week - love Liz (24)

flutterbycrafter said...

Can;t wait to see the finished cabinet, lots going on here, love the tags and the Dylusion sprays. xx

Helen said...

Good luck sorting out your work, and love the tags with those paperartsy stamps! (sorry, 19, nearly forgot!)

Ciara said...

Oooo, for some reason I want your teeny bottle of Glossy Accents - how cute is that?!!!

I know, I know, I need to get out more ;-)

You have some lovely stamps on that first pic. Good luck with the cabinet

Ciara
xx
(42)

Daniele said...

its so annoying when things don't go right I'm at that point myself....good night sleep usually helps, thanks for the peek
hug

Ciara said...

Sorry, I forgot to say thanks for commenting on my page and in answer to your question, I put those teeny tiny hair bands on my ribbons to stop them unravelling. The clear ones, got a bag of them off ebay

Ciara
x

JoZart Designs said...

Really interesting snoop, lots of goings on. Good luck with your CS project BTW! I think you mean the bandana technique.
JoZarty
Thanks for visiting me!

Sheila said...

Love the colours you've used.

The Taming of the Glue said...

Many thanks for visiting me! Love those tags...definately my kind of thing! Sorry you won't be at Ally Pally. I'm at the early workshop on 25th for Sir Tim otherwise that would have been a brill idea. Think we'll go up the night before (do not want to be late !!!)

peggy aplSEEDS said...

love the colors and textures of the cards you're making.
happy WOYWW
peggy #37

Ohhh Snap said...

I hate it when I overwork a project. I'm trying to salvage one I made for a contest, it just all went awry, but I kept at it till I threw it in the trash. Then I felt remorse and took off what I could so I could start again lol. TFS (75)

Anonymous said...

I have something to alter for that challenge but as I've never, ever, done it before I'm more than a bit leery about it! But as you say, it runs for quite a while yet!

Hugs
Brenda (88)

Spyder said...

oho I forgot to add mine on a lot...number that is. great crafty-ness love the thingies, look really good! Have a good woyww!
((Lyn) and I think I'm#40

Julia Dunnit said...

No mate, it never ends. And carpet is a shocker of a price, huh! Glad you've got posh ankle deep stuff though- it does spoil ya! Your piece for the comp will be fine - it's self-pressure that's making you panic, is all. After all, this WOYWW number thing is a genius idea, so we know you can do it, huh!
Actually, I don't have a number!!

Candace said...

DIY sadly never ends - when you get to the end you have to start all over again!

Thanks for sharing Hugs Candace #43

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Gosh, that jewelry cabinet may have more paint and such over it before it sees its final end. However, let it sit a day or so and see if it's really as bad as you think it is.

Glad you like your new carpet. I remember how stressed you were last week. And NO, it never ends if you are a homeowner.

Sorry I'm really, really late this week, especially since I'm #2.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful inkyness on your desk! x

Morti said...

Bit late getting here, but never mind! Happy WOYWW! #128

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Oh those tags look really cool! I guess I am late too, but seems I was so early that I hadn't gotten to seeing how many more were on the list!

Turtle In The Sand said...

Great work space and I love the book you are making!