Saturday, 9 February 2013

Art Time with new supplies

cannot tell you how long I have been waiting to get a white Dylussion spray, did find one by Crafty Notions but very hard to use always blocking up, so I was so excited when her new colours hit the shelves and the figure masks, well I've started with Flossy and just had so much fun with her I might have to get her pals too.

below are two finished pieces from an extended session on the gelli plate with all different masks so lots more to play with in the future, but these two have been finished using more sprays especially the white, hope you like

 this one was the left over from another print, loved the distressed way it turned out so just decided to add some word play.

also the great thing about these figure masks is not only do you have the positive and negative to play with but you can also flip them over, would highly recommend them.

Friday, 8 February 2013

Craft Stamper Blog Challenge

I saw this technique of faux airbrushing by Joanne Allison in this months issue of Craft Stamper (pages 62/63) and though it looked so effective and I decided to have a go, so I have made my husbands Valentines card using the technique.

I bought a cheap sponge as my only outlay on this technique and use Distress Inks in Pickled Raspberry and Festive Berries to make the heart, I wanted the colour to have a bit more depth, so I applied two colours virtually all over. I used one of my old craft punches to punch through some acetate to use as my mask and this worked out so easy to use. Using acetate is a great idea for placement. So I have now used all my old dies to make masks with acetate, well those that would punch some were a bit stubborn.

So I am entering this into the Craft Stamper Take it Make it Challenge