Wednesday 29 December 2010

Back to work . . . yee hah . . . NOT

I was so pleased to get up to the sound of ringing this am, I have missed it so much, LOL.

had a good christmas, but am showing my age, as so glad its over and done with for another year, bah humbug, but it is so much organising for one or two days.  Kids enjoyed themselves, which makes it worth it though.

Anyway found some time to do some art, pre xmas I got my 365 Calendar January journal page ready, really enjoyed looking at Kate's work last year, so am really pleased to see she is doing the challenge again this year, check out her blog here for more info.

Then after christmas when I finally got the dining craft table back, I sat and looked at a blank page for a long time, eventually this is what it evolved into


I say evolved because there are more layers to this than you can ever guess, most of them now hidden under a thick layer of black acrylic.  However I was determined not to rip the page out, so made it into a 2011 Priority page (not a resolution page), was mooching around doing this whilst watching the lovely Rpatz in Eclipse, swoon.

7 comments:

Deborah said...

Love your reso...priorities :-) #9 ooh la la!I shall look forward to seeing your calenders each month. I don't think I do enough to even half fill one page (sigh).

flutterbycrafter said...

Two great pages, loving all the colours xx

Minxy said...

Love your Jan page, i've seen lots of these over the last year and always wondered about them, thanks for the link. And well done on not ripping the page out, it turned out cool in the end :D Hope you have a great 2011

thekathrynwheel said...

Ha ha! I love your train quote, and your January page looks FAB. Welcome to the calendar challenge - I'm delighted that you decided to join in the fun. Looking forward to seeing your calendar grow throughout the year :-)
Happy new year!

Poppit said...

LOVE your page!!! The image and words are fabulous :-) Excited to be joining in this year! P.s love the use of 'priority' rather than resolution :-) Happy New Year!

Luna Art said...

Fab calander page, I am looking forward to joining in this challenge and seeing more of your work! By the way I love your blog background!

SusanLotus said...

I love your calendarpage for January!