Sunday 18 September 2011

A collection of cards . .

. . .  or could we call it a cacophony, no that's a noise, though I do like my cards to stand out from the crowd of shop bought cards on the mantlepiece . . .  any ideas anyone . . .

So from the title you would be right that I have some cards to show you, first up is my mums birthday card, I loved this stamps and had to buy it and as it is my mum, I  made an extra  big effort with it and stamped it on some cotton cut it out and coloured with distress stains and marker pens.  My artistic gene comes from my mum, I remember getting a beautiful babydolls cot when I was young, which mum had made out of a fruit crate for me, wish I still had it, perhaps it's in mum and dads loft, mum is still creative and at her local fete designed the cake stall for her ladies group, with hand made pennants, and uniform along the lines of the Ace of Cakes, and great big cards of the King Queen and Jack all hand made . .

next is one of my best friends, who has two kids and fosters three brothers under 7, hence the saying . .

and last but not least my firstborn niece was 21 yesterday, I must have only been 3 when she was born LOL, and she is studying fashion journalism at Southampton Solent, so I tried to reflect this in her card

today Ive got a 40th to make, hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

6 comments:

Jenni said...

All fabulous cards Siobhan, I particularly like the third one though, is the dress form all one stamp? and if so where d'you get it????
Hope you're well and enjoying a weekend off :o)
Jenni x

flutterbycrafter said...

3 gorgeous cards, I love them all, but the 21st is stunning x

Deborah said...

Beautiful!

Sarah said...

A great trio of creative inkyness! I still love making cards...these all look fab and I'm sure they'll be loved! Thanks for your lovely words and visits! Really - big thanks!

Netrix said...

Love the cards siobhan, spesh the 21st one. MUBT
Jeanette :)

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

I've missed so much!! All these birthdays and calendar pages!! Gorgeous layers and painty inkiness!!

Love your Jasmin card. Sounds like 'quite' isnt a common thing there with all the kids.

(Let me know your 'off work dates' and I'll work round them for w/s classes :0) )

ps...loved your Dutch accent on my blog rofl