I saw this technique of faux airbrushing by Joanne Allison in this months issue of Craft Stamper (pages 62/63) and though it looked so effective and I decided to have a go, so I have made my husbands Valentines card using the technique.
I bought a cheap sponge as my only outlay on this technique and use Distress Inks in Pickled Raspberry and Festive Berries to make the heart, I wanted the colour to have a bit more depth, so I applied two colours virtually all over. I used one of my old craft punches to punch through some acetate to use as my mask and this worked out so easy to use. Using acetate is a great idea for placement. So I have now used all my old dies to make masks with acetate, well those that would punch some were a bit stubborn.
So I am entering this into the Craft Stamper Take it Make it Challenge