Sunday 7 December 2008

Christmas is coming . . . . .



Hello all, sorry its been a while but the dreaded christmas cards needed doing, once started I couldnt stop because I would never go back to them, come to hate doing xmas cards which is silly really, being a crafter and cardmaker, but ATC's are what I enjoy and I felt cheated not being able to do what I wanted.
It is that time of year though isn't it when crafting has to take a back seat cos there's so much to do, haven't bought the kids any presents yet and OH is starting to get panicky, so on the net tonight doing some ordering for them and then off to the shops tomorrow for the rest of the stuff. My xmas present has been ordered and delivered, it's a melting pot, I can't wait for xmas so that I can have a play with it.
I've also been buying up the Ten Second Studio stuff for metal work from LB Crafts, its been my reward to me for making xmas cards, LOL, and am in the midst of my first go at it, will post on here when I've finished.
Attached are two ATC's I made this week using some images from the net, hope you like them, speak again soon, Siobhan :)

oh going back to the title, house opposite has put their xmas decs up, they dont tend to use the less is more maxim on the decorating. We have a giant blow up Tigger and Bart Simpson (up to the upstairs windows), lights galore, a life size father xmas that turns it's head and watches you as you go past, creepy, and the worst of all a musical decoration that they forget to turn off at nightime, now I am no baah humbug I love the decs, but this is so over the top it's laughable, they actually tried to sell it one year over xmas, didn't sell funnily enough, Ah well enough now, I'm off to pop Tigger under cover of darkness, hehehehe

2 comments:

Pattie said...

I have to smile I have much the same neighbours,way over the top last year it was a huge santa on a sleigh nearly as big as the house ! anyway next morning it was deflated,passerby had prob put his ciggie out on it lol.cant wait to see what goes up this year !
Great ATC's.. looking forward to the Jam swap,I,m waiting on a new Mona Lisa stamp to come ! Also some Tim Holtz masks,your going to love the melting pot i have one its fab !
I,m writing a flippping book here sorrrryyy haha

Flippinpest said...

Bah humbug indeed! Tis the season to be jolly falala la la etc. Glad you have finished the Christmas cards Slob. Dont forget to post themFab ATCs BTW...pssst think I have lost my mojo