Saturday 27 November 2010

Birthday Cards, a hard week and a lovely surprise

Hard week at work, manager has been on holiday and Ive been trying to hold the fort, it was tough, but I am a woman and I can take it, LOL, actually I am cream crackered, hence all I've managed craft wise this week is two birthday cards for my lovely niece Aislinn who turned 18 and my goddaughter Amy who turned 7, both on the 25th, (now why does that number ring a bell).  One is cute and sweet and the other one,well my niece is an independant, trendy little arty person so really had to try and think outside the box, so two more different cards would be hard to find.

and as for the surprise check out page 74 of the new Craft Stamper, I've only managed to be runner up in the Altered/Mixed Media Category.

Now I have been very good, because I knew I had been shortlisted a few weeks ago and I managed to keep it to myself, (it was hard, I can tell you), I was so excited and honoured and having seen the winners I consider myself very lucky to have been considered alongside them as they have produced some seriously great pieces of work, and as for the winner, woweee, absolutely fantastic work, and so well done I stand in awe.

Now, I do'nt think I can reproduce the page for you to see, but I can put up the photos that I sent in for my entry, I hope, I sent in two pieces the altered jewellery box and Stampotique Street

Just a taste of the pages of Stampotique Street, think it might be better if a do a blog post showing it all of, gawd knows when though.  So this weekend finds me tired, cold and very happy.

Hope you are all having a good one, and those that have already congratulated me, thank you so much xxxx


12 comments:

Fliss said...

Many congratulations Siobhan. i got my copy yesterday and saw your lovely project.
Well done as I know it's great to be in print.
x

G Peplow said...

Congratulations, fantastic pieces, not surprised you did so well. Well deserved, Hope you get warm soon and some sleep :0) xx

Sherry said...

Congratulations!!! I saw it yesterday and thought it was you.

Great cards too.

flutterbycrafter said...

Woo hoo, congratulations, they look fantastic, not got my copy yet,can't wait. Great cards too. Hope you manage to get some rest this weekend. xx

Deborah said...

congrats old bean - so well deserved.

thekathrynwheel said...

Woo hoo!! I'm soo pleased for you. I was v excited for you when I got my copy of the mag this week :-)

Kate said...

Congrats again, they are both fantastic :)

donnalouiserodgers said...

saw you are runner up and thought you should have won ( and Jane should have won her category too) you are a very talented lady bask in your glory

Dxxx

Gez Butterworth said...

Amazing pieces. Very Well Done.XXX

Sherry Goodloe said...

Well, add my congratulations to the list! Excellent work!!

Thanks for stopping in to check on me. With going back to work and doing that show, I have been pretty tired each day. My teenage manchild keeps reminding me that I'm still healing and to take it easy. Awwwww, he can be so thoughtful sometimes for a teenager *hee hee*

donnalouiserodgers said...

it's about as easy as nailing jelly to a tree

Dx

Artyjen said...

Just popped by to say huge congrats on the CS entry.
xoxo Sioux