Monday 17 August 2009

Had great fun playing yesterday . . .

. . . so yesterday was last day of holiday so decided to craft all day. Played with my new spinart machine, and then had a brilliant (if I say so myself) idea, had these mini canvases for ages so decided to try one on it with alcohol inks, well I think it worked really well, see image

thenI couldnt decide whether to leave it as it was or add to it, so off course I added to it, first I tried to stamp straight onto it, but that didnt work, so I used some tissue and some beeswax to put my sprite image on, and for some reason the word Peek, worked ok, not brilliant though, Peek didnt show up very well, so went and had lunch to mull it over. . .

was gonna put a Gorjuss girl in middle to hide tissue ends, but too cutesy, decided it was defn going to be Peek a boo, so looked for funky letters to do this with, (I was trying really hard to be a creative artist, LOL), then just before I stuck them down decided to highlight Moon by paper piercing on holographic card, I liked this cos it highlighted the image more

finally decided wanted to add something metallic to it, but couldnt find anything to work or if I did couldnt work out how to attach it, decided on this alluminium heart which I put in the spinner to add some colour too (clever Huh!) and stamped with a hero arts image and then stuck it on the bottom, had to do quite a bit of work on Peek as it wasnt showing and somehow half the K disapeared so added some crinkle wire for the missing part. . . et so voila . . . creative art by me.

I am pleased with it because I created it myself, used some ideas from other people's work but the finished idea was all me, so it will be taking pride of place on my wall, when I work out how to hang it, LOL. . .

ps work was not too bad today, unfortunately, in my absence manager has not been able to get rid of his head affliction (dick) get it, LOL

3 comments:

Jenni said...

This is great work Siobhan - wish I could get a closer look though!
Know what you mean about digi images, not only much cheaper but easier to store as well. I've built up a bit of a collection of other people's ones now and have a load of ideas for more of my own if I could just find the time to put pen to paper!
Jenni x

Deborah said...

Agree with Jenni. Can't get a real good look at it, but from what I can see it looks really cool! I buy batteries at Poundland - they are really cheap, although not very environmentally friendly. Mind you, neither is all this paint we splash around :-)

Pattie said...

Now whos diversifying lol I see you are toooo re:promarkers,I,m not addicted (just as well) although I have to agree they are the best markers I have ever used,they have a nice feel about them.
These canvas's are really lovely,when I click on your pics they wont enlarge dunno why perhaps its my PC as usual lol