So this is the inside cover and page one of my newly made journal.
Close up on the inside front cover, I distress inked over the outer edges and then covered the middle with some lovely toning paper, which I then applied masks including the word Journal to and added more colour and definition using more distress inks, doodled on this and added stampings and crackle glaze, the MY has been altered using alcohol inks and the diamond glaze over the top, I like the soft effect I've achieved with this page.
Now with page one I added distress inks on the outer edges and then stuck a dictionary page down with the word Journal on it (clever huh), I highlighted this saying and a few other words with glossy accents and then worked more distress ink in and around the page to blend in, the idea being that the words would be super visible due to the resist of the glossy accents, my patience wasnt good though and I tried to work over it before it was dry, so hasnt quite worked as I wanted but there we go. The lady figure is a paper mask i used on the outside covers to create a shadow effect, well I really like the shape of this lady and the mask had some interesting effects so used that, then added the first two verses from Pure Imagination (willy wonka and sky plus ad) which I really like and the words were quite apt for the first page I thought, then just kept doodling and adding to the page until I thought I had gone too far and went to bed, before I made it any worse. Wasn't too upset in the morning though, thought it looked allright, few things I wish I hadnt done but nothing too terrible.
. . . . . . . . . . and now for a quick peek at my tidied craft area, I like the one where you cant see my face the best, haha. I dont look like that in my mind, but on photos I look like a sad fat old lady, boo hoo, have to do a journal page on that one.