Saturday 5 November 2011

Jo Firth-Young at the Craft Barn


Treated myself to an all day class at the Craft Barn with Jo Firth-Young last Sunday.  Its quite a drive, fine going there, bit knackered on the way home, kept myself going with the thought of the yummies I had treated myself to.  The shop at the Craft Barn is amazing full of so much I needed (like everything), thankfully I don't have a Credit Card so had to exercise some restraint.

Our class with JoFY was using Claudine's stamp range and Paper Artsy Fresco paints, I'd used the paints in fact I have them all because they are lush in a chalky sort of way, had never used the stamps before but they are really easy to use and the effect was really good, so treated myself to the Doodles sets as I thought they would go well with the layering technique I use so much.  Also discovered Tando Creative range, managed to only buy three pieces but could easily have bought so much more, a whole wall of them on display and I probably need most of them, LOL.


This is Jo's sample, we were stamping on sticky back canvas, paper and book pages, for ease Jo said it would be easier to do if we all used the same colours as the stamps wouldn't need washing in between, but I'm just not a pink person, don't mind bits of it, but not all over, so had to go slightly off piste, I know I can't help it, but it puts a piece of me into it, so here is mine



It actually involved a lot of work, so had to finish it at home, had done all the stamping it was just the cutting out and the positioning and that took some time I can tell you, I'm pleased with the finished result and I hope Jo is proud of my effort.

We also made a door hanger in the morning . . . .


 . . . getting used to using the stamps, I have to admit I wasn't happy with my effort on this, so ripped all the flowers off the next day, shall have to finish it off again another day.  All in all it was a great day, Jo is a lovely teacher and as you will see on her blog she manage not to brain herself, though some might say (leandra) it might be an improvement . . LOL .  I have to admit it was a great day but I haven't got the stamina any more and could have done with a day off from work to recover, no such luck though.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love the blues & purples you've used on your canvas Siobhan, it looks beautiful! Hope to see you at another class at The CB soon! x

flutterbycrafter said...

Well I love the colours, you have created a fabulous piece xx

hazel said...

It was a great workshop at the Craft Barn and your canvas and door hanger are lovely, the colours you've used on the canvas are fabulous.
Thanks for visiting my blog.
xxx Hazel.

Deborah said...

Thought I saw your boat race on Jo's blog the other day :-) Fab canvas and great use of those stamps. I like your slightly grungier colour scheme.

thekathrynwheel said...

You are such a rebel ;-)
Love all the flowery layers x

JoFY said...

Sorry for not commenting earlier..
LOVE how the canvas and the door hanger turned out - you clever rebel! lol
Take care
Jo