Sunday 28 June 2009

More cards, and Ive still got more to make . . . . ho hum

This is a card for my in laws who celebrate 50 years of marriage next weekend. It didnt really get planned but just came about, I didnt want to do a traditional gold and white one, but it has got some gold in it. I coloured the image yesterday with my pro markers, (which mysteriously multiply at night time whilst I am asleep)!!! I sort of thought I could use the image if it went well and went with any paper that I had, anyway this paper came from a Flavia pad I had and I thought it went perfectly, so the card evolved, the white lettering was actually gold transfer letters but they didnt show up enough so I went over them with a white sakura gel pen.
For Pro Marker fans, there is a close up of my colouring efforts.
This weekend has been nice and chilled though I wwnt to the garden centre yesterday and bought some flowers which I potted up this morning, Im so glad I did them as they make the garden look tons better, I have however got red back and shoulders to show for my effort, ooopps.
So the rest of this week Ive got to make my sisters 50th card and also a mini book, (nothing like leaving it till the last minute), been thinking about it for months, but thats all just thinking, no actual action, though I think I have got a plan. She is going to Milan for her birthday with OH, so need to get in post Weds am at the latest or she wont get it in time to take with her.
Hope you all had chilled weekends as well, hate to ruin it, but back to work tomorrow, boo hoo.
Have a good one Siobhan, x

1 comment:

Lynne K said...

Lovely card, Siobhan. I'm sure your inlaws will treasure it. Your Promarker colouring is brilliant - I thought at first it was a printed picture!