Saturday 4 July 2009

Tim Holtz technique day

Today I spent 7 hours at The Card Studio in Maidstone, playing with inks and making a lot of mess. Jayne Harrow who owns the Card Studio designed this book the night before the class as the products only arrived on Friday, and a fine job she did.





















I wasnt happy with my front cover, nothing to do with Jayne I just thought I'd mucked it up, so I played around with it when I got home took some bits away and added some more Holtz bits.











Cos it was American Independance day, Iwas forced to eat muffins and Key Lime Pie (brilliantly made by Katie), against my will of course, didnt manage to catch a photo of them,was too busy eating, LOL.

7 comments:

Deborah said...

Siobhan, it's fantastic. You've really caught the Tim vibe. I am so jealous - there are no craft shops in Cambridge, let alone craft days or classes. Everyone is too busy discovering gravity and DNA :-)

The Taming of the Glue said...

Hi Siobhan, wasn't yesterday great. I've posted the photo's of the workshop on my blog.

Siobhan Brignull said...

if you go here(http://smiffyscards.blogspot.com/2009/07/wow-wow-wow.html) to Smiffy's blog you can see a stunning photo of me and the workshop I was on.

Dragon Lady said...

Hi ya, Great day wasn't it. Apart from when our arms were twisted to eat those 'orrible cakes!! :o)

It was good to meet you all. Still trying to find out about the Scout Hut. Will let you know.

I really must get one of these blog thingys sorted.

Lesley

Pattie said...

WOW didnt you do well,love what you have created,sounds like you had an enjoyable day !..x(catching up on my blog pals lol)

Flippinpest said...

Fabulous work Pidd. Sorry I havent been here much. Quite jealous about your class, it must have been fantastic, you produced a real gem :-)

June said...

Ohhhh looks so much fun... gettin down and dirty AND key lime pie ??? I wish hehe !! lucky you
hugs June xxx